Jun 21, 2013

Midnight Meetings - Acoustic EP



An EP released wrapped in a purple-invitation-type envelop and the guy who's selling it on the booth said that it was hand-packed and did not went through any factory machine... let's deconstruct it and see how it performs - This is the EP review of Midnight Meetings - Pwede Ba? Acoustic release.

I will dissect this review into two parts, 1st the CD package, album cover, CD quality and how it sounds and 2nd, my impression on the music of Midnight Meetings. Ready? Let's do this.

The CD Package:

The CD package was unique in a sense that it does not come in a form of traditional CD case or even in a digi-pack - The CD itself was plain white with stamped Midnight Meetings' logo, looks like a regular blank CD that you can purchase elsewhere and a white generic CD label that was glued on top for the face up recognition. The cover is a 5 x 5 paper with an awesome art work and the Midnight Meetings band logo - I really like the art work it looks sophisticated and something that relates to "dark" or "evening" or "Midnight". The back of the album contains the track list and credits.





Did you guys saw the floating head at the back of the cover or is it just me?

The Songs:

1Undefined
2Pwede Ba?
3Sige Lang
4In Your Eyes

The EP was a mainstay in my car for 2 straight weeks. Been listening to it twice a day going to office and back home. That's why it took me a while before I wrote this review.

The EP contains 4 Tracks all originals by Midnight Meetings. Their single "Pwede Ba?" has a good lyrics, well written and definitely a lot of high school and some college chicks will be able to relate to the story, and yeah it's very typical for that age group that you can even send it to "Tales from the Friend Zone" and Mr. Ramon Bautista might have some idea on how to solve the problem.

The first track (Undefined) IMHO needs a little polishing on the lyrics, towards the end of the chorus "er" stuff are everywhere "better / together-er / letter / better / bother" OR yeah maybe it's just me but every ear is different so this is just my 2 cents.

Since this is an acoustic EP release, I will not be able to figure out the real "bagsakan" of Midnight Meetings and I'm hoping this is just a sample of something bigger. Ashley's voice is just amazing! Warm and not piercing. My verdict - it's a good release and something you want to grab and add to your collection. It will have a place on my CD rack (i just don't know where and how since it does not have a case) but I will pull it out and give it a playing time when it's raining and maybe with coffee instead of a beer.


Where to get a copyof Midnight Meetings Acoustic EP? I don't have any idea! I bought mine during the launch at R196 (it comes with T-Shirt btw) so if you know how and where to get a copy please use the comment section below.

You can check Midnight Meetings through their FB and Twitter:
FB: www.facebook.com/MidnightMeetings
Twitter: twitter.com/MidnightMtgs

Midnight Meetings EP Acoutstic Launch photos last June 4 are posted on Pcheng's blog


And Vinyl Grimes is also on facebook! Facebook.com/VinylGrimes


No comments:

Post a Comment