Apr 6, 2013

FiiO E17 + E09K Combo Desktop Headphone Amp + DAC

FiiO E17 DAC/Amp + FiiO E09K Desktop Amp
Pictures and Personal Impression

From what I read on all reviews, FiiO E17 is already a knockout having both DAC and AMP in one device. But docking it to FiiO E09K is another story.




 I bought FiiO E17 and FiiO E09k from an online seller in Manila, the deal was too good to pass so I went in and bought the combo, it's "buying blind" as what they call in some forums when you bought a gear without doing any audition first - i have not heard this combo sing before but i've read good reviews so i bought it... and that was the time I was introduced to a new world of listening to music!



The combo itself looks really nice, it sits on top of my table and looks very solid. I liked the brush aluminum finish on both devices. Here are some of the photos:




The front panel of E09k have Dock In / AUX switch, giant volume dial, and 1/4" headphone jack. The volume dial feels very solid. 


At the back of the unit there’s a decent range of connections. There are three pairs of gold-plated RCA jacks for Pre-Out, Line Out, and AUX-In. These are covered by red and white rubber caps, which keeps them protected when not in use. And there's the USB In, power, and the Gain Hi/Lo.




Having this two device as your desktop headphone DAC+AMP is just amazing. Although my thoughts here is that when you first plug this to your laptop and started listening to you MP3's you will not hear any big difference to the sound, but when you unplug your headphone and put it back to your laptop and you listen to the same song, you will feel that you are listening to a crappy headphones! Then go back again and plug it to the combo and you will realize the difference, the song becomes more detailed, and the sound stage becomes wider.

Pros for me are - detailed, punchy sound and excellent build quality., gives me more value for what I paid for.

You can buy FiiO E09k and FiiO E17 at any Listening Group stores and Filter's Exchange.



If you like what i wrote please share it! 

             Share


And follow me on twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment