Apr 8, 2013

Bruce Springsteen Live 1975-85 5 LPs Box set Vinyl

Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - Live 1975-'85

Label: CBS
Format: 5 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation Box Set
Released: 1986
Genre: Rock
Live/1975–85 is a live album by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. It consists of 40 tracks recorded at various concerts between 1975 and 1985. It was released as a box set with either five vinyl records, three cassettes, or three CDs. There was also a record club only release which came on three 8-track cartridges, which is extremely hard to find. (taken from wikipedia) 
I found this box set in in a record store in Las Vegas and it's sitting at that time on the newly delivered box which was not yet catalog by the store. The specs as how i saw it was - Original pressing, 5xLP box set from 1986. Booklet insert and original inner sleeves intact. Outer box has minor shelf wear.

I bought them in nice near MINT condition (5 LP box set of Live Recordings of Bruce Springsteen) in Record City in Las Vegas. It was in perfect condition. I only knew Bruce Springsteen for "Born in the USA" single, and since it was a compilation, I knew it will be a good dig to know the songs and get familiar with Bruce Springsteen.

This 5 LP box set sells online between $45 to $200 for bnew sealed. And for used copies it ranges from $5 to $40 depending on the condition. There are some copies in ebay that starts the bidding at $5 to $8.

Here's the box cover:






The box set contains the 5 LP's, each inner sleeves have cover art and the song list; and it also has 35 page colored booklet which contains a lot of images between '75 - '85 (i just assumed since this was the title of the  box set)




The records that I got were all incredibly clean and the inner sleeves does not have any signs of wear.



I tested the vinyls and I did not hear any pops nor clicks! The box set is just perfect for my purpose since I am not a Springsteen's fan and the whole 5 LP's gives me the best of 10-year-gig of Bruce Springsteen and I don't have to buy the rest of his albums. Kinda like cheating, for me. I like "Fire" and "War" btw.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and I was able to sample the songs of Springsteen. This kind of records maybe I can share listening with my old man.

***

If you like what i wrote please share it! 

             Share


And follow me on twitter: 

2 comments:

  1. I remember this box. My parents went to his concert in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. They bought the box and I used to listen to it so often... Even when they weren't home or playing it, I would play it by myself. (I was born in 1974) Loved his music and I still do :)

    Callisto

    ReplyDelete
  2. my last baby......excellent!

    ReplyDelete