Apr 16, 2013

Quincy Jones - I Heard That!!

I knew Quincy Jones for only two things - 1) We are the World and 2) AKG Headphones. I was surprised when I sampled this 2 LP Gatefold because of the type of music he's been producing. That's what I like about record diggings, you buy an old record from the 70's and "you'll never know what you gonna get!"

Label: A&M Records ‎– AMLH 63705
Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Country: US
Released: 1976
Genre: Funk / Soul, Jazz




My copy of "I Heard That" double LP album had seen better days... I can rate the cover as GOOD to VG with a lot of damages at the bottom. However the inner or the gatefold-part is in good condition.


The pictures inside tells a lot of stories and the success of Quincy Jones, this is an OG print/pressed at '76. A lot of his awards were displayed in the inner part of the 2LP, Quincy Jones had numerous "first-black to.." awards.

I like the way the songs were arranged in the LP's. The first LP contains most of the songs he composed, arranged, and produced from various albums but the second LP does not have an A-Side and a B-side, it was called the AWARD WINNING SIDE and the GRAMMY WINNING SIDE.






After listening to the whole album, What I liked the most was the first song on the first LP - "I heard that!!" the beat and the bass and air instruments were just as groovy as 1970's. It only had 1 line of lyric, "I heard that" and that's about it. Songs in this album are great for sampling, I will definitely go back to this album if I will be needing music background to my home videos and avp's. The songs are also good for sampling to creating new music, but this will be more useful for scoring.

If ever you find one in any second hand music stores go grab it, it will be a great addition to your shelves and to fill in the holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment