Jul 22, 2013

Radiohead - Creep LP From The Capitol Vaults

Best sounding, best "Creep" listening experience I've ever had! I don't even care about the rest of the song in the LP - i just bought this for "Creep" and man I was blown away!! I'll put some details first on the vinyl then we'll head straight to sound quality.
Label:Capitol Records
Series:From The Capitol Vaults
Format:Vinyl, 12", EP, 45 RPM, Limited Edition, 180 gram 
Country:US
Released:18-Apr-09
Genre:Rock
The album was staged with lavish sleeve embossed with a silver Radiohead logo and a 10" x 5" wrap-around replica of the original release artwork attached to the sleeve. The RADIOHEAD logo feels sophisticated but the actual LP feels like recycled paper material and straightforward packaging with white inner sleeve. There's no lyric sheet or any other inlets but they've included a sticker about 5" x 5", a replica of the original artwork.

The wax on the other hand is very heavy, it's 180 grams, feels good in the hand and centre label lists "Creep" on Side A and the other 3 tracks on Side B. There are actually 2 tracks on each side which was a mistake on the labeling. The wax is black, not sure if they released the wax in any other colors.




Tracklist:

A1Creep (Album Version)3:56
A2Yes I Am4:23
B1Blow Out (Remix)4:15
B2Inside My Head (Live)3:04

Sound Quality of the Wax

I can describe the performance of the wax in two words - AUDIOPHILE QUALITY! very quite and  clean sounding and felt like Thom Yorke was in the same room with me singing live! I've been listening to Radiohead way back and I learned Creep when I was practicing playing guitar and a other bands like Prince, Weezer, Korn, Anberlin covered it and even Parokya ni Edgar has it's own rendition of Creep (Trip - Ang Siopao na Special) so I mean I like the song so much it's notes were burned already in my brain - and, the first time that I played the vinyl on my turntable... it was fucking rad! A totally new experience and memories started flashing back... nostalgic.

"Creep", was one of Radiohead's most successful, and perhaps, one of their most well-known recordings. It brings a lot of memories back in the mid 90's and i never even once regret buying this LP.

I bought mine at Satchmi (during the Vinyl Day) which is an online Vinyl Shop here in Manila and pretty much they are present in every music events, it sets me back at Php 999 but I had a discount of 20% because they're on sale on that day - not bad, the cost to value ratio is just right. I highly recommend this for either fans of the song and or the band - this vinyl version really sounds different from the CD. There are other LP's from the Capitol Vault series but I did not bother to check them out, I will give 5 stars just for the Creep of course.



Vinyl Grimes is also on Facebook and on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment